Author's Note: This was a piece that was assigned and we had to use a prompt but I decided not to and I just started writing and this is what came through my fingers so I hope you like it.
The rotting stench of decay wafted miles beyond the boundaries that surrounded Washington D.C. Police in gas masks and protective suits buzz within the orange barricades keeping thousands from the former capital of the United States. All around bodies were piled in heaps left to rot until there was room to bury them in the graveyards growing bigger and bigger around the city. Then one of the piles move and a man climbs out and runs away he is the one who did this to the beautiful city of D.C, who so cruelly took millions of lives so he could kill his target. The president. This man is John Wilkins the United States counterterrorism official, who was a major affiliate of the president, who was paid by Al Qaeda to kill him. He runs miles and miles away from the city to his underground shelter that he had built the day he was given the assignment. The shelter had once held the bomb that destroyed D.C. He packed up all of his things, including the picture he would show his employer. A picture of the president with a single word written on his head with the ashes of his fallen city. Revenge.
A frightening portrait of the world! As horrified as I am, my curiosity is peaked...where will this tale turn next?
ReplyDelete