Thursday, May 5, 2011

The balance

Author's note:  This was a listing entry we did as a class and the letter was b and the word I picked was bomb and this is after a bomb was dropped on an unexpected city.

The wreckage is all around me I see the buildings all over the ground; literally. I hear the children crying trying to find there families only to get lost in the sea of rubble that was once a nice place to live.  I search around for the dead bodies looking under buildings and inside cars.  The first one I found was an old grandma who would have died anyway.  I can't help her.  I also find a dog and sick child who I also can't help.  Then I find the body of a child who died only hearing a boom and not knowing what to expect.  I extract the soul from the body and float up into the sky above the wreckage of this derelict city that had been hit by the bomb.  Above the clouds and through outer space to the just white space of nothingness I set the little girls soul down and it opens its eyes smiles and then skips away seeing what treasures she could pluck from her own corner of this nothingness that ceases to exist.  I go through the realms of nothingness until I hit an invisible wall, I'm not allowed to go in his part of the universe.  I see the little boy's inability to move his arms, and his heart not beating because he his only a shadow of what his soul used to be.  He is unable to grow up because the life has left his soul.  I realize he looks familiar, with his short cut hair and a smile on his face.  I then realize that the boy is  what I used to be before I became what I am.  The reason that I cannot go into his realm is because I am not him anymore.  He is not able to grow up because he just the image of an empty soul.  The people who took my soul to use made it so I would never be able to go back.  I will never be able to be a real person again.  I am cursed to always wander this world so I take others soul's and bring them to the place that dead people's souls go before their soul is used for evil by the devil.  That is why I'm here, that is my purpose here.  To help other souls get from death to new life.  How I got here, I don't know and I never will.  I will always be here so I will see you when your soul needs to be saved.  And if I keep saving people's souls, the  nothingness in this realm will keep ceasing to exist and if I don't, heaven and hell, the land and the ocean, reality and make believe, will all fall and the world will no longer exist because God will be angry at us all for ruining the perfect utopia that he created. These are the pressures that I face every day when I drift out of my  little hollow between reality and make believe, and go find souls to save this is why I am telling you this.  Don't die unknowing that I will be there for you if your life ends a little earlier then you expected.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like the grim reaper or something. It is very interesting and a bit scary. I loved reading it and it kept me hooked till the end. You should keep writing fiction because you seem very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very good rough draft, but hasn't been read for revision yet. Go back and check for all of the six traits. Pay attention to sentence structures (you have run-ons all over) What happened to paragraphs? The content is fun, creative, and intelligent. Now let's get the level of writing to match that.

    ReplyDelete