Saturday, May 5, 2012

Point of View Piece


Author's Note: This is a point of view piece for the book Ender's game. I wrote this because I thought it would be interesting to think about one of my favorite books from a different perspective. I also needed a ten in point of view so here it is.

In the book Ender's Game, the book is told in third person but it follows Ender Wiggin. This point of view is unique because Ender is the youngest there but also the smartest there. What you see from his point of view is how he can outsmart any child there but he does not get some of the other social things. If Ender's Game was told from Bonzo's point of view then you would see that he is less mentally mature than Ender and has a very short temper and you wouldn't see the sharp whit and intelligence in Bonzo. But he would also fit in with the other members of the battle school unlike Ender. Here is a scene in Bonzo's point of view.

I knew we were getting a new member of our army today but I never thought it would be a Launchie, but in walks this tiny little puke of a kid. He says his name is Ender and my first thought is to trade this little puke. I try to negotiate deals for him, but no one wants to take a little runt so he ends up going to practice with us. I tell him to stay by the gate and never touch your gun otherwise I was going to beat the heck out of him. He did as he was told, mostly. He started hanging out with the only girl in the entire battle school, Petra. I also heard that she was giving him lessons behind my back. I told her to stop but I kept hearing rumors about it, finally Rose the Nose took him and I was glad to b rid of that little runt. The worst fighter in the entire battle school.

No comments:

Post a Comment