Authors note: I wrote this after I had read an article about how lots of animals are abandoned right when they are born and it made me really sad so I wrote something about it and it went to a creepy place but I still think the message comes out.
You left me to go on a ship that you now call home.They loaded you into a big black box and put it on the ship.
There were men in black suits
And honk of the fog horn as they took you away
into the cold black night
on the purple ship that ruined my life
I vow revenge if it comes back
That purple ship
I will sink it and find my mother
She will take me back to our island and sing like she used to
And it will be alright
We will hide and be safe
from the purple ship that ruined my life.
We will be safe from that ship,
the purple ship that took my mother away.
That ship that ruined my life.
The one that I hope is sunk
With my mother safely on the side of the dock
With her waving and smiling at the men that took her away.
That will never bring her back
That will always be watching her
That will always be watching me.
I dream of my mother coming back and I know it will never be
Because of the purple ship that took her away.
The purple ship that you were talking about sort of sounds like the Vikings' ship! Why Ross! Why! Anyway the piece was great, and I wouldn't want to be one of those animals.
ReplyDeleteI liked this! It was a bit more of a story arranged into a poem. It was creative and sad. What did you read that made you so sad?
ReplyDelete@Jack: Oh your right! Ross! Why!?
It is good that you can get such creative writing ideas out of practically anything you read.
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you expressed your emotion for this "purple ship"
ReplyDeleteInteresting how you made it a purple ship. Why purple? Was it because of the symbolism? Also, I really liked how you put the situation into this fictional situation where an animal is being captured by this ship. Very creative.
ReplyDelete