Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Running

I wrote this on a day when  I was mad at my parents
I am running into the cold darkness of the fall.
Running away from the people yell,
who scream and shout,
who push me slowly towards the edge until I snap.
I see a light in a distance and I run towards it,
my legs getting more tired with every breath,
Pieces of my soul break off and die with every step.
I stumble on a loose pebble,
as I fall I see my torturers washing their hands of me.
My head hits the soft field of violets.
A crow calls up above my head.
I am grateful for the sound of silence that envelopes me as I lay in the violets.
The silence is a dark purple color and I will never be able to escape.

3 comments:

  1. I the beginning and throughout the middle, I can't defiantly tell that your angry with your parents, but at the end, are you still mad? I can't really tell because you say your laying in violet, and you're grateful for the silence, so does that mean you felt better towards your parents or you just felt better about letting your anger out?

    It's a great and powerful poem though, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you wrote this. Your last two lines are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carly at the end I was trying to say something with symbolism that you kind of have to think a little bit and that was the main goal I was trying to accomplish beyond that I was mad at my parents.

    ReplyDelete